Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Beards

    are  amazing.

    The other day, my mother and I drove past this homeless man on this street.
    I adored him for the following reasons:
    a) His sign was not asking for money, or any sort of assistance. He simply stated "Jesus saves."
    b) He had a phenomenal beard.
    My mother said, "He's sweet, but he needs a razor."
    To which I replied, "No! His beard is gorgeous."
    And she said, "You're into shit like that." I am!

    A few famous beards:



    We're the Band and we have the coolest collection of beards.



    Up close and personal with the beard.



    Robbie Robertson looking like a Beatle, and of course rocking a beard.



    Forever rocking the beard.



    I must admit, David Gilmour does not even come close to the Band's beards. He just makes a bit of scruff look sexy, and that in itself is a nice feat. (Also, an amazing assortment of tee shirts, which of course you cannot see here.)



    George Harrison definitely wins for man with the most interesting beard. My favorite homeless-looking definitely-not-homeless man to ever exist. Though, his best solo work came from his pseudo-homeless era. Maybe its a creative thing?



    In the early 70's, Jimmy Page rocked a mean beard. I just about find this beard sexy. All of Zeppelin went through a beard phase, but most ended up looking ridiculous. Except John Bonham.



    Dennis Wilson. Dennis went from being the babyfaced drummer of the Beach Boys, to underrated genius of a solo artist. During that time, he also grew himself a mighty beard.


    Graham Nash doesn't look too bad with a beard either. The 70's were a fabulous time for beards.


    Jeff Lynne! Damn, what a beard. (Pictured above with Del Shannon, who coincidentally took his own life not too far from where I grew up.) Not only does Jeff Lynne have a swell beard, he has stayed oh so faithful to it. Like Garth Hudson, he has hardly been without a beard. That is a man.


    I'm sure I forgot some real fine beards, but I certainly covered a lot of ground.
    DISCLAIMER: I am in no way encouraging any man (or boy) to grow a beard. You'll probably look ridiculous. Do not think for a second you even compare to the above mentioned.

    P.S. Googling "George Harrison beard" or "Jimmy Page beard" is really fun. Try it. Add beard to the end of a name. Preferably someone with a divine beard.
    Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2008/11/beards.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List