Monday, July 27, 2009

Blogs j'adore: This Wheel's on Fire

    Starting now, I'll be doing a little segment called "Blogs j'adore". With this segment, I will spotlight individual bloggers whom I find endearing, and have them answer this set of questions -- which is clearly ALL you need to know about a person. First up is This Wheel's on Fire. One of my daily reads, each day she mashes up a collection of amazing photos ranging from classic and modern style icons, musical heroes, and delightful actors and actresses. As she was perhaps my first blogger supporter, she was the given choice for the premiere segment. Enjoy!



    Name: I'll never tell ;)

    Blog: This Wheel's on Fire

    Location: San Francisco

    Occupation: Student

    What to expect upon viewing your blog: I post photos of people I admire for various reasons including style, musical background, acting talent, etc. Sometimes I share my rants with you...

    Three favorite artists that started their recording career before 1980: By now they seem overrated, but to me The Who, The Rolling Stones, and The Beatles were vital in shaping who I am today.







    Three favorite artists that are actively recording: Death Cab for Cutie, Prince (who I realize started before 1980, but he is still recording today so...), and U2.

    Five favorite songs of the moment, any era (Title, artist, album, and year of release):"Chi Il Bel Sogno Di Doretta" -- Sarah Brightman's version kills me every time. It's just about as gorgeous as songs can be. It's even better when you've seen A Room With A View, which also happens to be a favorite film of mine. It's from Puccini's La rondine; "L'Amoureuse" -- Carla Bruni from her 2008 album Comme si de rien n'était; "Water" -- The Who. This live version is from their most famous album from 1971, Who's Next; " My Way" -- Sid Vicious. His kickass version is from 1978; "Don't Let Me Down" -- The Beatles. This song always has a way of breaking my heart. It's from the Get Back/Let It Be 1969 sessions, but was not released on an album until 2003's Let It Be...Naked.

    Five favorite albums of all time, off the cuff (Album, artist, year of release): Simon & Garfunkel's 1981 reunion live album: The Concert in Central Park. The Rolling Stones' 1972 album: Exile on Main St. Wings' mighty fine album from 1973: Band on the Run. For all of Pete's honesty and nakedness The Who By Numbers from 1975. 1970's John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band.











    Five favorite films of all time (Title, director, year of release): These are not necessarily the best films I've ever seen, but I would classify as some of my favorites. The Big Chill, Lawrence Kasdan, 1983. Annie Hall, Woody Allen, 1977. Dazed and Confused, Richard Linklater, 1993. American Beauty, Sam Mendes, 1999. Il Postino, Michael Radford, 1994.





    Three favorite books of all time (Title, author, year of release): Breakfast of Champions, Kurt Vonnegut, 1973. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee, 1960. The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera, 1984.

    Top two female style icons: Anita Pallenberg & Anna Karina



    Number one male style icon: I'd choose a mash-up of all of the Rolling Stones, but if I had to pick one it's Keith Richards without a doubt.

    Top five crushes of all time, off the cuff: I'd like to start by saying that Pete Townshend has been a crush for far too long, so he is more like my unknowing husband (or something).... Daniel Day-Lewis, George Harrison, Johnny Depp, Gary Oldman, Mick Jagger.






    One deceased person you'd love to have a drink with: George Carlin!

    That person in three words: Brilliant, original, and timeless.

    Last album you listened to in it's entirety (Title, artist, year of release): Volume One, She & Him, 2008. Zooey must be from another planet, right? To be that gorgeous, talented, and stylish should be illegal. It just makes the rest of us look bad ;)


    Favorite blog you'd like to share with the world: As a political junkie I read more than just fashion blogs, so I'll recommend Joan Walsh's blog at Salon.com.Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2009/07/blogs-j-this-wheel-on-fire.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive