Saturday, September 26, 2009

Blogs j'adore: Living Reflection of a Dream

    Two weeks after receiving the email, I've decided to finally share with you, the third installment of Blogs j'adore! As soon as Sophie's name appeared under 'followers', I was instantly captivated by her blog. Named after one of my favorite Zeppelin tunes, and always quoting an awesome number, each post bubbles over with sensational icons -- usually dating from the 60's and adorned with stylish get-ups. As one of the handful of bloggers I can't wait to virtually visit, Sophie was a given choice for numéro trois. Now enjoy her titillating answers, most of which could have come from my own mouth! It truly is a Living Reflection of a Dream, xo.



    Name: Sophie



    Blog: Living Reflection of a Dream


    Location: South Wales, UK

    Occupation: Lover

    What to expect upon viewing your blog: Anything and everything.

    Three favorite artists that started their recording career before 1980: The Who, The Beatles and the Rolling Stones.







    Three favorite artists that are actively recording: Arctic Monkeys, The Stereophonics and Pendulum

    Five favorite songs of the moment, any era (Title, artist, album, and year of release): "Brain Damage"- Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon, 1973: "The March of the Black Queen"- Queen, Queen II, 1974: "Wasn't Born to Follow"- The Byrds, The Notorious Byrd Brothers, 1968: "20 Dollar"- M.I.A., Kala, 2007: "Lovely Rita"- The Beatles, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, 1967.







    Five favorite albums of all time, off the cuff (Album, artist, year of release): Shout at the Devil - Motley Crue, 1983: Crosby, Stills & Nash - Crosby, Stills & Nash, 1969: The White Album - The Beatles, 1968: Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin, 1971: Who's Next - The Who, 1971.











    Five favorite films of all time (Title, director, year of release): Weird Science - John Hughes, 1985: Gladiator - Ridley Scott, 2000: Robin Hood (Disney) - Wolfgang Reitherman, 1973: Almost Famous - Cameron Crowe, 2000: Calamity Jane - David Butler, 1953

    Three favorite books of all time (Title, author, year of release): The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (It is one story so I'm counting it as one book) - J.R.R.Tolkien, 1954: Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier, 1938: The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test - Tom Wolfe, 1968.

    Top two female style icons: Liv Tyler and Sienna Miller

    Number one male style icon: Keith Richards

    Top five crushes of all time, off the cuff: (In their prime for the first four) Keith Moon, Pete Townshend, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Joaquin Phoenix.











    One deceased person you'd love to have a drink with: Janis Joplin



    That person in three words: Brilliant, beautiful, missed.

    Last album you listened to in it's entirety (Title, artist, year of release): Revolver - The Beatles, 1966.

    Favorite quote: "I only swear at people I love… so fuck off, all of you!"- Pete Townshend

    Have you ever been to the US? If so, what did you think? Unfortunately I have never been to the US but it is on my list of places to visit. You two major cities I want to visit and they are San Francisco and New York. I'm in love with both cities. I will go there one day. I would also love to visit Graceland and see the Grand Canyon. I sound like the ultimate tourist don't I?





    What do you love about the UK?
    Tricky question. I've lived in the UK all my life and because of that, you do take for granted the things you have access too. I suppose what I most love and am proud of is the history we have here, both musically and our own history e.g. wars, kings, queens et. cetera. The music aspect, well, I could waffle on for days. We gave the world The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd....and so on. I could go on and on. I like knowing that we have such great talent in this country and produced such fantastic music all those years ago.
    Secondly, the actual history of Britain is fascinating. I'm a history buff and do read a lot of history books but British history is an area I keep coming back to. We have over 2,000 years worth of history and it's so vibrant, exciting and interesting. It's very easy to get lost within it all.

    Favorite blog you'd like to share with the world: http://www.whatisrealityanyway.com/


    While on the topic of Brits... London, you may be finally meeting my acquaintance in a month or two. Let's hope because it's about time!!!
    Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2009/09/blogs-j-living-reflection-of-dream.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive