Thursday, October 22, 2009

"I don't care about rules. In fact, if I don't break the rules at least 10 times in every song then I'm not doing my job properly." - Jeff Beck

    First, in addition to that titillating Jeff Beck quote, I've discovered a few others absolutely worth sharing. Three that literally made me giggle to myself:

    "Musically, we're more talented than any Bob Dylan or Paul McCartney. Mick Jagger can't produce a sound. I'm the new Elvis." -- Milli Vanilli "singer" Rob Pilatus

    "We were doing a charity show and he (Jeff Beck) actually came down with Jimmy Page... They were both playing "air guitar" as they watched us (laughter)... It was very odd!" -- Jim McCarty, Yardbirds

    "Once we played at the Fillmore opposite the Cream. Eric Clapton was there and he played his ass off that night. Backstage, Michael Bloomfield introduced me to Eric, and Eric was so nice. He came up to me, put his arms around me and said 'Barry, it's such a pleasure to meet you.' I couldn't figure it out, then Michael told me that he had told Eric I had cancer and two months to live..." -- Barry Goldberg, Electric Flag

    And one that simply makes sense:

    "So I was in love a lot of the time, but mostly with guys in bands that I had never met. For me, knowing that Brian Jones was out there, and later that Iggy Pop was out there, made it kind of hard for me to get too interested in the guys that were around me. I had, uh, bigger things in mind." -- Chrissie Hynde, The Pretenders (HOW did I not know she had a baby with Ray Davies?!) Because who wants to hang out with some average chump?

    With all that taken care of, here is a collection of photos of famous musicians in their parents house. I love this set, I believe it ran in Time.


    Eric Clapton, with his grandma.


    A pregnant Grace Slick.


    David Crosby.


    Elton John.


    Donovan on the left, the Jacksons on the right.


    Frank Zappa.


    Ritchie Havens.


    Joe Cocker.


    Ginger Baker.


    Grace Slick with her baby.

    Lastly, London!!! I leave the day after tomorrow. I'm so wildly excited. Sometimes I'll just remind myself and I'll yell at whoever is around me, "Holy shit! I'm going to LONDON!" It was be a momentous occasion, no doubt, and I'm fully prepared to have the best week+ of my life. My mind is elsewhere, so I'm not really pushing my creative juices to flow, hence why I basically relied on the brilliance of others to make this post what it is. But I've fully recovered from the flu, my clothes are laundered, and ready to be packed! It's nearly 3AM here in California, so I think once the Cars' stunning debut album comes to a close, it'll be bedtime for me. I have to wake up early tomorrow (no bueno!) and possibly pick up a few last minute items for the trip (i.e. electrical adapters, boots! -- because it seems flats and heels won't be appropriate for the climate, maybe the Halloween costume I have yet to choose, disposable cameras, gloves, and a tape recorder, to be explained at a later date). To conclude this ramble, let me say that I have been facebook-free for almost a week! I decided I am on the internet far too much, and went as far as deactivating my facebook. I don't know the hour-by-hour activities of my friends, and I realize it's kind of refreshing, haha. I'll bring it back to life before I depart, but I will keep my time on it to a minimum! I hope life is treating you all magnificently. I can certainly say all is well on this end, xo.Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2009/10/don-care-about-rules-in-fact-if-i-don.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive