Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Led Zeppelin-a-Day: "The Song Remains the Same"


    "The Song Remains the Same", Houses of the Holy
    So good! A classic in the truest sense of the word. The perfect opening number for what I'd probably deem my second-favorite Led Zeppelin album of all time. Never were they so fresh, and vibrant. While Physical Graffiti is my all time favorite, it gets filed under "mature", whereas Houses of the Holy is absolutely youthful. What can I even say about "The Song Remains the Same"? Its a song I'm so familiar with. It, like so many others, has become a part of my character. JP  ferociously plays a variety of tracks, employing his Tele as well as a Rickenbacker 12-string...  Its absolutely momentous, thunderous, climactic! JPJ and John Bonham keep it funky, and they all effortlessly combine numerous elements to make nothing less than a masterpiece. In under six minutes, they take you to a variety of places.
    Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2010/01/led-zeppelin-day-song-remains-same.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive