Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday, a button lover, and Etsy

    I have a thing for buttons. As a little girl, it delighted me to run my fingers through my mom's button box, letting them slide through my fingers, cold and slippery.

    As a crafty sort of adult, I have my own collection of buttons, made up of hand-me-downs from my mother, huge lots of buttons from estate sales, and a treasured few paid-too-much for vintage buttons of particular beauty. If I make something for you, and I use one of these particularly beautiful buttons to emblish it, you can be sure I love you very much.

    Of course Etsy is a treasure trove of buttons, one I love to run my virtual fingers through.

    Like this simple collection of pretty vintage buttons from LillianOlive:


    Vintage button as necklace by WhimsyHouse:


    "Violet Hoopla," a button, felted cashmere, and embroidery collage by bomchelle:


    Antique crochet and vintage buttons on a mustard linen pillow by vintagedesignstudio:


    Hip and lovely vintage button brooches by runamok:


    Sweet needlecase with vintage buttons by JennMaruskaDesign (dear family, bookmark this for mother's day, please):
    Gorgeous wintery mini-wreath embellished with buttons, by ravennagirls:


    Vintage button bobbypins (that I wish my daughter would allow in her hair) from annatillettdesigns:


    Button and paper embellishments by chocolatecupcake:


    My personal favorite in this grouping, "Buttons," a 5x5 print from LolasRoom:

    And a necklace celebrating the button (which I got for Christmas, but in silver, and which I very much treasure) from luxedeluxe:


    Enjoy cultivating your own button love!Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2010/01/thursday-button-lover-and-etsy.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive