Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Guilty Pleasure


    I am a big fan of Netflix. I got the subscription from a friend after I had my first baby (best gift for a new mom ever!) and our schedule was still nuts- nothing like having the movie you just missed in the theater or an old, obscure, favorite television series at your fingertips for a 2 a.m. feeding.

    Recently I re-discovered season 1 of Felicity and have been remembering how much I liked it. Oh, and I am completely aware that half of the people reading this would roll their eyes at that, but I can't deny it. Before J.J. Abrams was all about Lost or Alias, he was responsible for this young adult dramedy, so it is better than your average teen television program.

    Just a few things that make season 1 worth a watch...

    *There is something totally relatable about Keri Russell's portrayal of Felicity. She is awkward and unsure and every emotion registers right there on her face. Being a freshman in college is all sorts of exciting, terrifying, empowering and she pegs it.
    *Just enough humor to balance out the melodrama.
    *Watching the show now I just can not get enough of that 90's fashion- mini butterfly clips anyone?
    *Noel Crane... my number one television character crush. I don't know about you, but there were no super dreamy, responsible, sincere, graphic artist resident advisors at my college. Swoon.
    *The writers unabashed affection for the greeting "hey". Sometimes it appears close to two dozen times in a single episode....but I guess if I went back to a day in college, I might be astounded by the sheer volume of "hey"s.

    I suppose I am so fond of the show because it is great escapism. Sometimes there is nothing like some college drama to distract and entertain!

    Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2010/04/guilty-pleasure.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive