Thursday, April 15, 2010

Led Zeppelin-a-Day: "That's the Way"


    "That's the Way", Led Zeppelin III
    "That's the Way" is undoubtedly one of the most simple and beautiful things Led Zeppelin ever did. I held off on reviewing until the near-end of this project because I feel so strongly about it. Gentle, light, ethereal, with a near heavenly lilt, "That's the Way" is a most fruitful showcase of this very multifaceted band. It contains so much magic. Not only is Page in open G, he has also delicately woven in the always-awing pedal steel. Swift swelling of my heart. And not only does the pedal steel give the track such radiant warmth, JPJ is on mandolin! Its spring now. I look out my window to see the once golden mountain turning a blissful green, with the sun grazing its way through the overgrown wildlife. My favorite tree outside my window is no longer starkly bare as it was last week. "That's the Way" embodies so gracefully the mood of this revitalized season. Simple. Beautiful. Blossoming. Uniquely and purely perfect.Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2010/04/led-zeppelin-day-way.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive