Thursday, April 22, 2010

Led Zeppelin-a-Day: "Custard Pie"


    "Custard Pie", Physical Graffiti
    Weeoo, so even though "Custard Pie" is off Physical Graffiti, I'm not a massive fan of it. Like most Led Zeppelin songs, I went through a phase with it, but its reign as a favorite didn't last long. It relies too heavily on standard bluesy goodness, even if they're pulling from such luminaries as Bukka White. Of course its just lovely to hear Robert Plant howling about "chewin' a piece of your custard pie", but overall the tune doesn't hit the spot. It does boast a few mesmerizing features, which never fail to enthrall me - such as JP's wah-wah solo, JPJ throwing down a bit of clavinet, and the harmonica solo that fades until the end of the track. In my mind, "Custard Pie" is eternally buddies with "The Rover". But I rarely ever play either one voluntarily.

    Gear up dudes, its the final stretch!Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2010/04/led-zeppelin-day-pie.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive