Thursday, April 8, 2010

Led Zeppelin-a-Day: "Communication Breakdown"


    "Communication Breakdown", Led Zeppelin
    Frankly, I don't like "Communication Breakdown". Its obnoxious and less than intoxicating. I might have liked it just a little when I first discovered it, very early in my Led Zeppelin education -- but now, no! Its so dull and boring. Its a galloping riff and Page's guitar playing is wondrously possessed, but its absolutely nothing compared to other galloping riffs and wondrously possessed guitar tonality! Its a cop-out, a cover-up. They give you this blasting performance, which is, in fact, boring. And I'd just like to stuff a sock in Robert Plant's mouth. His vocals irritate me greatly here. The other day I was told, "You know, for being such a big fan of Led Zeppelin, you sure do hate them a lot." I was insulting the lacklustre power of the Knebworth performance, probably. Me, hate, and Led Zeppelin don't even go in the same sentence together. BUT, I'm so adoring, that I'm able to be honest when something isn't magical. I adore the moments that are magical, and expect as much. So I'll be the first to say when its not.Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2010/04/led-zeppelin-day-breakdown.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive