Monday, April 12, 2010

Rickeys

    It is getting warmer and before long it will be raspberry lime rickey weather -I can't wait! It is a New England staple of sorts and although there are numerous variations, including those with alcohol, I love the ones that harken back to the days of drugstore soda fountains. That was before my time, but I remember my mum would order a rickey when we went for ice cream at the local Brigham's. Even though I could barely understand the complete craziness of passing up a giant sugar cone of chocolate chip for just a drink, I was intrigued. They seemed "grown-up", so when I was about 9-years-old I asked if I could have one too. I have never regretted it- now it is the refreshing, comforting, taste of childhood summers that I am so looking forward to on our next trip for ice cream....in addition to those sugar cones full of chocolate chip of course. Raspberry Lime Rickey

    Ingredients
    • 1 lime, quartered
    • 8 fluid ounces carbonated water
    • 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger raspberry syrup
    Instructions
    1. Fill a tall glass with ice. Squeeze each of the lime wedges into glass, and drop in. Fill glass nearly to the top with carbonated water, and top with raspberry syrup.

    Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2010/04/rickeys.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive