Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Led Zeppelin-a-Day: "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp"

    The road we choose is always right, so fine.

    "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp", Led Zeppelin III
    I was nearly positive I had written about this before, but alas I haven't! I love this song, one of my total favorites -- which is a rather broad statement, actually. This was released as a single, backed with "Out on the Tiles", how fucking magnificent. So diverse and fulfilling. Tending to every craving. A goddamn "hoedown" if there ever was one. The band is in full force, radiantly melting together, and sounding so good. JP's guitar is appetizing, especially on the live version featured on the Led Zeppelin DVD. JPJ on an acoustic five-string fretless bass in the studio, and upright bass live! John Bonham on spoons and castanets. Totally illuminating and fun. Funniest of all is the lyrical content. My cousin once sent me a message that read, "'There ain't no companion like a blue-eyed merle'... This song is about a fucking dog?!" I didn't believe it to be true either, but it is... Especially live when he exclaims, "Strider!" at the song's conclusion. An exciting number, I love it so. "Always smiling, never sad, so fine."Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2010/02/led-zeppelin-day-stomp.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive