Friday, February 26, 2010

Led Zeppelin-a-Day: "Hats Off to (Roy) Harper"

    To make up for the unenthusiastic review, here is a photo I am quite enthusiastic about. I believe its the only photo I've ever seen of JP manning the studio. Mr. I-presume-Engineer looks quite awed.

    "Hats Off to (Roy) Harper", Led Zeppelin III
     Back-to-back unfavorable numbers? I apologize, 'tis what the iPod produces on shuffle. "Hats Off to (Roy) Harper", perhaps my least favorite Led Zeppelin song of all time. Now, I like Roy Harper (and his beard), so hooray for the touching tribute. But the song itself? Has never done anything for me, ever. Some songs take a while to warm up to, but I just don't think its gonna happen with "Hats Off to (Roy) Harper". It just sort of goes and goes, gaining no such momentum. Its Jimmy Page on slide, which would usually enthrall me, but alas it does not here. And those tremolo vocals... Less than exciting. So whoop-di-doo, live goes on!Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2010/02/led-zeppelin-day-off-to-roy-harper.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive