Sunday, February 21, 2010

Led Zeppelin-a-Day: "No Quarter" + "Over the Hills and Far Away"

    This.. is Jimmy Page with John Stamos. I know, right? When? How? WHY?

    "No Quarter", Houses of the Holy
    I wrote this awesome piece about "No Quarter" -- a true instance of being utterly inspired to write. So, continuing on!

    "Over the Hills and Far Away", Houses of the Holy
    !!! Love, love, love. Another one of the very first Led Zeppelin songs I loved and learned on my own. Dynamic, progressive, exhilarating, and exciting! This song came on random shortly after I bought my tickets to London, and I elatedly sat on my bed and freaked the fuck out. Mmm, such happiness. I love the addition of the twelve string during the intro. Twelve string guitars have such a joyful sound, wouldn't you agree? Then that crescendo, going electric! Combining all the sublime elements of Led Zeppelin, oh oh. JPJ and Bonham, so tight. A magnificent rhythm section. I love the jovial aura of the entire number, but the end is what always gets me. Once, I played "Over the Hills and Far Away" when driving with someone, and they said, "The song is over. Go to the next." But it wasn't! It was the intimate and sweet interplay between the echo of JP's guitar and JPJ's harpsichord. Then after a short guitar sequence, my favorite sound -- that final note on pedal steel. Glorious. Its exuberance in a single sound.Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2010/02/led-zeppelin-day-quarter-hills-and-far.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive