Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Led Zeppelin-a-Day: "All My Love"



    "All My Love", In Through the Out Door
    Well... Uh, melancholy, but not particularly moving. Is the subject matter absolutely shattering? Yes, poor Robert Plant's five year old son died! But that damn synthesizer, and a synth SOLO at that. I kind of want to give Robert Plant a hug, but more so I want to smack him for this musical effort! Then a little slap for JPJ for playing that damn synthesizer. And a smack upside the head for JP, for letting this shit go down. Wait... WAIT... For real? Wikipedia tells me the following, "In an interview he later gave to rock journalist Cameron Crowe, Plant stated that this song was one of Led Zeppelin's 'finest moments'." Um, alright. That's your opinion, Robby P... Wikipedia also tells me that this is one of two Led Zeppelin songs not at all credited to Jimmy Page. It shows. While I enjoy his subtle, crunching reggae-ish approach to the verses, his twangy solo is hardly a savior. So, there you have it. Don't leave JPJ and Robert Plant to write, apparently. (Though I don't loathe "South Bound Saurez", that is for another time.)Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2010/02/led-zeppelin-day-my-love.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive