Sunday, February 7, 2010

Led Zeppelin-a-Day: "Immigrant Song"


    Immigrant Song, Led Zeppelin III
    A bit obvious, played too often to be properly appreciated. But "Immigrant Song" is good, obviously. That riff is iconic, those wails are ever-imitated. The band are playing together, an utterly driving force, in unison. The fact that I hardly ever play "Immigrant Song" makes it easier to appreciate its splendor when I do play it. I really only listen to it when I listen to III in its entirety. The last time I did that was as I selectively chose outfits for my trip to London. So now III delightfully reminds me of that. Thinking, "What will I wear to do this? To do that? What will I travel in? Arrive in?" And more so, standing my front of my expansive bathroom mirror and making noises nothing short of squealing. Happiness. So instead of "Immigrant Song" reminding me of School of Rock or something, it reminds me of that. I concur.Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2010/02/led-zeppelin-day-song.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive