Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Led Zeppelin-a-Day: "Trampled Under Foot"


    "Trampled Under Foot", Physical Graffiti
    SUCH a good one. One of the best off Physical Graffiti, disc one. Its so funky, and absolutely contagious. I cannot help but move! And JPJ's clavinet! For that, I forgive the mix-up that is "All My Love". And Jimmy's scathing guitar... His exquisite use of wah-wah and slide are mesmerizing. Yes yes yes. Especially at the very, very end. (Though I believe on the Led Zeppelin DVD, he doesn't employ the bottleneck, to my dismay. Still, that version is marvelous.) With a bit of backwards echo and that ever present beat, this song is a remarkable portrait of the band. Swinging, fine musicianship, and how could I forget the LYRICS.

    "Take my heavy metal underneath your hood
    Baby, I could work all night, believe I've got the perfect tools"

    "Trouble-free transmission, helps your oils flow
    Mama, let me pump your gas, mama, let me do it all"

    I think that says it all...Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2010/02/led-zeppelin-day-under-foot.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive