Thursday, February 25, 2010

Led Zeppelin-a-Day: "Moby Dick"

    !!!

     "Moby Dick", Led Zeppelin II
    I contemplated reviewing two songs today simply because I am so unenthusiastic about "Moby Dick".  I like the funky power trio riff at the beginning and end (which is apparently ripped note-for-note from Bobby Parker -- classy!), but that's hardly enough to keep me entertained. And this drum solo is edited down? Uhh... Do people generally enjoy "Moby Dick"? Are there drummers out there who are effected by "Moby Dick" as I am by "Ten Years Gone"? I mean, John Bonham is definitely the Jimmy Page of drums, as Jimmy Page is the John Bonham of guitars (... Are you still following me?), but DRUM SOLOS ARE SO BORING. I mean, sometimes I get my kicks watching particularly explosive Keith Moon solos, but that's because the entertainment stretches far beyond drumming. So that about concludes it... I don't like "Moby Dick", when it comes on shuffle and I unknowingly listen to the whole thing, I feel like a champ. Drum solos are boring. Thie likelihood perplexes me. And uh, I still enjoy John Bonham. (Especially since he seems to have been the most down-to-earth member of Led Zeppelin.)Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2010/02/led-zeppelin-day-dick.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive