Saturday, February 20, 2010

Led Zeppelin-a-Day: "I'm Gonna Crawl"


    "I'm Gonna Crawl", In Through the Out Door
    So, I'm sure its expected that I would loatheloatheloathe "I'm Gonna Crawl", and sure, I'm not wild about the heavily keyboard-laden sound. But Robert Plant's vocal delivery is powerful and passionate. So while I'm also not usually jazzed about his latter day vocals (mostly when compared to the early days), he absolutely kills it. But most of all, the guitar solo... Mmm. Exquisite. Not even one of his best, but I'm especially fond of it. It sounds thoroughly divine. I just listened to the solo, just the solo, five times. Some of those notes -- so rich, so emotional, so naked, so spacious, so absolutely blissful. What is that - fuzz? Things begin slow, garner momentum, and then, those happy, open notes. Do you know the ones? Listen, find them! If not, find your own. Those are the moments I live for when writing about this stuff. Its so delicate and so characteristically Page. Its his style, and absolutely identifiable as such. A mediocre composition made by the impassioned performances.Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2010/02/led-zeppelin-day-gonna-crawl.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive