Monday, February 1, 2010

Led Zeppelin-a-Day: "Out on the Tiles"


    Beardy Zep. Check out RP's weird sandals, and Bonham's BLUE (suede?) shoes.

    "Out on the Tiles", Led Zeppelin III
    When I first discovered this song, I felt extraordinary -- because its hardly lauded as all mighty. But mmm, its so worthy. The most rocking song on III (besides maybe "Immigrant Song" which is excluded because of its obviousness), and certainly well-executed. Its so aggressive, but has that Led Zeppelin swing, along with the obvious (hello, why do I mention it in EVERY SINGLE REVIEW? So much that its beginning to annoy me!), intriguing production, achieved by distance miking. Also, you hear someone say "stop", trying to conduct the strange rhythm. Speaking of, the riff, the rhythm! Is this song a rarity, or do I just think is it? I've long since crossed into a realm where the line between 'well-known' and 'rarity' is blurred. They're all well-known, I've phased on each of them.Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2010/02/led-zeppelin-day-on-tiles.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive