Friday, February 19, 2010

Beards: Roy Harper (And a short, spontaneous review of Stormcock)


    So usually I would let the inspirational beards pile up and post part three, right? No! Not here. Not when dealing with this beard. So I've been listening to lots of Roy Harper's Stormcock. Its commonly referred to as a "four-song epic", which is an apt title. His lyrics are symbolic, strong, and defenseless. "These are my opinions. Take it or leave it" sort of thing. I like people like that. Isn't it marvelous when people have their own ideas and stick to them, despite all odds? That is Stormcock. Plus, its dazzling musically. He's such an interesting guitar player. The whole album is unlike anything else, and its quite weighty. Take it in small doses.


    ANYWAY, when I'm heavily into an album or an artist, I like to know what I'm dealing with. That basically involves reading interviews and all that jazz. So I read a Roy Harper interview or two, and like any good interview, they included photos. I know what Roy Harper formerly looked like (Physical Graffiti sleeve, Pink Floyd at Knebworth '75), and for some reason that beard, or scruff, rather, did nothing for me. But the snow-white old man beard? YES. That's the best kind of beard! And his is a beard that needs urgent applause.


    He also liked going nude and prompted Peter Jenner to say this:
    "Harper is a terrific songwriter, but a bit crazy."

    Source URL: https://jimhensons.blogspot.com/2010/02/beards-roy-harper-and-short-spontaneous.html
    Visit Jim Henson for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive